Monday, March 5, 2012

San Francisco adventures

Last week Jake and I took an impromptu trip to San Francisco. We dreamed of going on a graduation trip in August but since I will either be huge or have a little baby when Jake graduates, we decided to take advantage of president's day weekend and have an early graduation trip. It turned out to be the perfect weekend, one of the best we've had together.

We ended up having the perfect location, we were loving our view when we got in at night. Not going to lie I thought it was the golden gate bridge until I woke up and realized it wasn't red. But it didn't disappoint because the ferry building had an awesome farmers market right across the street. We sampled different foods and got some yummy doughnuts, pear french toast, and a pulled pork sandwich.


The best part was we didn't make any concrete plans before we went so we just explored the city. The first day we went shopping down town and ate at a yummy Italian restaurant. Jake raved about his 'raviolo.' It was one big raviolo, that's singular of ravioli I think.  It really made me  laugh every time he talked about his raviolo. lol
Jake, knowing my love for Nordstrom, took a picture of this 5 story Nordstrom while I was shopping.. what a good husband. lol
The next day we rented bikes at our hotel and rode the bikes to pier 39. We got to see Alcatraz from far away.. Jake was pretty convinced he could have made a swimming escape from there. We saw some fire jugglers, lots of cute shops, funny looking sea lions, and happened to be there during the tulip festival.

Then we made our way to fisherman's wharf. I have always loved sourdough bread, but during my pregnancy I have really loved sourdough. So I was pretty darn excited to go to the sourdough factory and see how it was made. I was even more excited to eat a delish lunch there. Oh man, I would go back to San Francisco just for some more of that!


[This post is already getting long so I'll post the rest in another post.]
After this there was more food and lots more bike riding. Lets just say our bums were pretty sore when we finally got back to the hotel that night.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures... Can I have a copy of the tulip picture? I'd love to blow that up and hang it in my house? You guys are quite the photographers... and I think those seals were sea lions??? Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my most favorite places EVER!!! Looks like such a dreamy trip :)

    ReplyDelete