Sunday, June 24, 2012

Baby Names


About every other day I get asked, "have you guys thought of a name yet?"... Every time my answer is, "nope, we are really struggling!" Even before we decided we were ready to start our family, I had a little list of baby names on my iphone. Unfortunately most of those names are girl names, so when we found out we are having a boy I pretty much had to start a new list. For some reason boy's names are really hard! I kind of want our baby to have a unique name that not a lot of other kids have (but I'm open to common names too) and Jake doesn't want the name to be "weird."

My current favorites:
-Emerson
-Hudson
-Weston
(I'm noticing a theme.. lol)
-Max
-Caden
-Mason

Jake's favorite's:
-Brock (one name, counts for first and last OR Brock Brock)
-Jacobson (Jacob's son..)

Do you see what I'm working with here people?? 

We need help! Any cute boy name ideas? I'm waiting for one name to really stick out as the right one, but I'm getting nervous that it's not going to happen!

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE your names I love love love the name Hudson it's on my list but hubby shoots down all my names too. Max is another great name too. As for your hubby's choices.....you've got your work cut out for you! here are some boy names I love that we aren't using:

    Ryker
    Kolten
    Konnor
    Kyson
    Owen
    Ruger

    That's all I could come up with for now good luck you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could just stick with girl names and call him "Sue" (see Johnny Cash). He'd be the toughest kid on the block.

    Of your list, I'm partial to "Hudson".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has triggered a deja vous. Almost 24 years ago we solicited names for a sweet little baby girl - before and after she was born. It only took a month or two. : )

    I like all of your names. Hudson is a really manly name and very unique. I don't think I've ever met one..and I see a lot of kid names.

    Whatever you pick will be perfect. Until then you can just call him babes.

    I'm getting excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cayden Jacobson Brock. Great compromise haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cayden, Hudson, or Mason!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the name brock always makes me think of pokemon :) I really like seth or jack for a boy, but your'e right, girls names are SO much easier to think of xx

    ReplyDelete