Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

It officially feels like summer around here. It might be the kid in me but it makes me want to do something fun everyday (that's what summer is for right?).  Father's day was the perfect excuse to celebrate all weekend. I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant (only 8 more to go!) and we have one excited daddy-to-be! 

We had a little date night at this cute restaurant called Pizzeria 712. If you live in the Provo area.. you must go. I think it's my new favorite. I'm already dreaming of going back. Pizza has been one of my pregnancy favorites, but this pizza was extra yummy. We also filled up on their gnocchi, pita bread & hummus, and the tastiest grilled corn on the cob I have ever had. 

Later that night we went to cute mini-golf place with Jordan & Brady. Jake played "the best game of his life," me, not so much..


Of course Father's day started out with breakfast in bed. I tried out a new recipe and it was a winner! Crepes with a cream cheese filling with fresh peaches and raspberries. Oh my, so good.  You can check out the recipe here (be warned it's time consuming and if you cook like me, your kitchen will look like a bomb went off when your done, but it's worth it).




Jake's watch broke a while back so he's been looking for a replacement for a while. For someone who doesn't care about fashion at all, you'd be amazed how opinionated he is about watches. He searched for a long time online and found one he was interested in. I tried to be sneaky and make it a surprise, but I think he was on to me. I ordered a couple extra for him to try on, just to be safe. Luckily, after staring at all of them for a while he picked one he liked... success!


We spent most of the day inside watching golf and the NBA playoffs (ESPN all day... what more could he want? lol). I attempted to make a special father's day dinner.. Mongolian beef and stir fry, but my creative cooking ideas are lacking these days.

Happy father's day Jake! I can already tell you are going to be a great Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Caylie,
    You are such a wonderful wife!! Those meals look yummy!

    ReplyDelete