Monday, August 8, 2011

One year down, a whole lot more to go!

We can hardly believe it, but it's been a year since we got married. It's been a great year full of fun, love, learning, and a whole lot of growing. It hasn't been all rainbows and sunshine, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I decided to get sentimental with my outfit.. I wore the same dress I wore in our engagement pictures and my "belt" is the crystal headband I wore in my hair on our wedding day. : )
Posing with the wedding picture is the start of something like this (picture within a picture at each aniversary):
 Jake loves "fancy food" (that's what I call it). So for our anniversary we decided to celebrate at a nice restaurant in Salt Lake called The Forage. We thought we would be able to order off a menu but turns out everyone gets the same 5 courses that they customize each day. I was a little relieved because I could put away my google translator and I didn't have to worry about pronouncing things I've never heard of. It was kind of an adventure for my picky self, but it was goood.

Although, "fancy food" may not be my first choice, I do LOVE trying all the interesting flavor combinations and I have to say the Forage had great sauces and flavor combos in all the dishes.

There is something you may not know about me, I am NOT a fish person. But it's really because I dont like the way it smells, I've only ever eaten tiny bites at a time. Since, I didnt get to order I got a couple fish dishes, and I'm proud to say I ate more fish than I've ever had before ....and... it was pretty good.
During dinner Jake surprised me with a gorgeous necklace and... I CRIED. hahaha...never took myself as the crying in a public restaurant type, but surprise--I am. He is the best.

Dessert was by far the best part. Oh my, that top picture is of homemade ice cream with a cherry caramel sauce that was TO DIE FOR. I wanted to go back into that kitchen and steal the rest of it and take it home with me. But I was pretending to be classy so I decided against it.

We had so much fun celebrating our one year eating food and talking about all the places we want to travel someday.

Not sure if I should even show my gift because I spent about $10 and it kinda doesn't compare to my husbands shocker, but oh well. I made a little photo album for our "first" anniversary with pictures of all our "firsts" {like location of our first kiss, first date, first valentines day, etc.}.

Happy anniversary Jake!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the picture within a picture idea!!! I wish I had only heard of it sooner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful celebration! I love you guys...see you soon!

    ReplyDelete