Saturday, August 27, 2011

Loonies & Penny Candies

One of my cousins got married in Canada so we packed ourselves up and made the road trip up to the town where my Mom grew up. I used to go there every summer and one of my favorite things to do was take loonies to the Redi-Mart and buy penny candies. So of course I had to take Jake there so he could experience buying candy for 1-25 cents each with a big gold coin ($1 coin in Canada) because let's face it--Canadian money is just prettier & they have yummy candy.



Jake & his loonies

2 comments:

  1. so fun! I love penny candies! i went to a candy shop in the mall a couple of weeks ago, expecting this tiny bag I filled to be maybe $2. they charged me almost 6. i wanted to tell them I wasn't buying them. but i just swolled my pride, bought it, and vowed never to go back again. what happened to penny candies! p.s. jealous you got to go to the wedding and hang out with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Caylie...
    It's a good thing you married one, that way you won't miss them so much when you are away from Canada!
    Love you bunches!! Judy

    ReplyDelete