Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Local Tourists

Local tourists: People pretending to be tourists in their own city. Often carrying a large camera and taking pictures of ordinary things.
(ok I made up that definition after Jake called us local tourists but I think it fits.)

The other day we went to the Ballard locks. Its where lake union meets the ocean. It's fun to watch the boats come in and out as they change the water levels and move them between the different bodies of water. I wish I could explain how it works but we skipped the visitors center and went straight for the action. There's something about Seattle that just makes me happy.







Later we got dinner at a yummy Asian restaurant and of course we couldn't resist picking up some gelato in pike place before heading home. I had the most delicious pear gelato.. so good.

The steel dinosaurs. Do you see them? Ok they are cranes, but I always think--dinosaur.





 We were a little surprised at the tiny the bathroom stalls in pike place market:

I know I tend to get a little mushy gushy over my love for Seattle, but can you blame me with a lovely view like this in your back yard? .. there are mountains everywhere I tell ya.
Ps. Stay tuned for a million pictures of our trip to the Olympic peninsula

2 comments:

  1. call me when you get back to proooovo i missssss youuuuuu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... we need to make a trip there one day! Beautiful pictures!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete