Sunday, April 28, 2013

New Years in Seattle

Something crazy got into me and made me think it would be a good idea to fly alone with a baby across the country on December 26th. Whew. That's what you do when you miss your family!

The trip got off to a rough start when I ended up in the wrong place in the airport with a stroller and a big luggage cart and not enough hands to get myself in the right place. Thank goodness for a good Samaritan and a husband who turned around on the highway and came back to rescue me. The flight was full except for a family that missed their connection that happened to be sharing the row with me. Can't ask for a better situation than that!


Weston laying on our open seats
After I faced my flying--alone--with--baby--fears I was so happy to spend time with my family in Seattle. Weston was working hard on rolling. Over and over he would get his body alllmooostt over and then stop. We had the camera ready all week but it never happened. I think it's for the best because I don't think Jake would let me go on a trip without him again if he missed it.

My mom is not a big TV watcher, never has been. I on the other hand enjoy vegging out and getting into a good show. I was super excited when I found out my Mom was watching Downton abbey. We were hooked.Our British accents came out on more occasions than I'd care to admit. We also snuck in some crafting, shopping, and games... in between episodes, of course.

I was reunited with my BFF Nicia. She's living in Hawaii now days and the 7 hour time difference between us is super lame. Good thing our parents live 2 minutes apart. One night I was at her house playing a trivia game on the wii with her family. I was doing soooo bad. Everyone else had a lot of points and I still hadn't answered any questions right. Finally I answered a question right or did something to get a point and she started cheering for me, "yayy Caylie you are doing so good!" She seemed to actually believe it. This really cracked me up. That's exactly the kind of friend she is, cheer for you even when you suck. I'm still trying to convince Jake to move me to Hawaii...


2 comments:

  1. AHHH I LOVE YOU! Why are you so so far away. I need to have a man who can be BFFs with Jake so we can buy a house next to each other, with a white picket fence of course. Or maybe a duplex, with a door that opens up in the middle so we don't have to walk outside to come over. Best idea ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for giving such a great ideas for celebrating Seattle New Years Eve. Your post is very interesting & having the ideas to celebrate NYE Party. New Years Party Pictures are very nice!

    ReplyDelete