Friday, July 29, 2011

We ate, all day.

It's official, I'm 23! Jake and I celebrated by eating ALL day. haha It wasn't really intentional, but what else do you do when there are flash floods that ruin your pool plans?

Jake woke me up with some fabulous Kneaders french toast in bed, lucky for me there are no pictures of my crazy morning hair.

After being lazy for a while we decided to go to PF Changs for lunch. Those lettuce wraps never disappoint!


We also did a little shopping and cuddled up during a storm. I had just finished getting all ready to go out to dinner when a serious flash flood hit. We happen to have our door open and saw that our neighbor (who wasn't home) had water pouring through is AC unit and flooding his house. So I put on a poncho and ran through a crazy storm to get to the maintenance people. Let's just say my hair didn't survive but I got to run through a storm--which is sort of exciting if you are from Seattle and are currently deprived of rain.

Sidewalk in front of our apartment

Jake trying to divert the water lol

The storm died really quick, and we made our way to the SLC Melting Pot. Oh my, heaven I tell you. We filled our tummys way too full with deliciousness. Banana Fosters fondue = happy birthday to mee.



It was a great day. Despite convincing Jake that I am a "Birthday-zilla"{ aka. everything I say goes} I felt lots of love from my family and friends. Maybe next year I will hike a mountain or something instead of eating out all day?...who knows.

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day!!! You can never go wrong at the melting pot. Happy belated birthday little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday! Looks like it was fun. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to eat out all day on your bday so don't feel bad...I wouldn't!



    Notes She Wrote

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember, Brock Family tradition gives you "veto" power on your birthday so you are not a "birthday-zilla", you were just exercising your rights! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Nice to see you made the best of it.. monsoon rains and all xo

    ReplyDelete