Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's magical.

 Jake & I have been non-stop studying/ doing homework since he got home from his 'man-cation'{ aka a vacation in Florida with his friends last weekend}... Anyways we were in serious need of some fun.

We decided to check out the farmer's market to pick up some fresh produce. Turns out the farmers market was lacking in the produce department... but we did manage to find some fresh squeezed limeade with mint and cane sugar. Oh yes please. When we went to pay they told us some guy had already paid for us. Thank you stranger for somehow knowing our love for lemonade AND our lack of money.

 We were starving so we also shared a bowl of some delish Korean food. It's not quite the produce we were after, but we were happy anyway.


I've have a bunch of breakfast recipes that I never make so I thought it would be fun to start making breakfast on Saturday morning. However, my body had plans to hit the alarm clock a million times and wake up around lunch time instead. Soo.. I made strawberry and banana crepes for dinner instead. (Better late than never?)



I'm starting to realize that it might seem like our day was completely about food, but it wasn't I think it's because food doesn't complain if I take a picture and it doesn't have to worry about if it washed it's hair or put on makeup, so get ready for more pictures of food. I decided to make a double batch of whole wheat apple sauce muffins {recipe from my sister in law Kimi}. We will be eating them from now until forever.. and that's not a bad thing. Yum.


Since Jake was out of town last weekend I had to wait to see Harry Potter, but it was SO SO worth the wait. I was so giddy and happy the entire time. Jake saw a 3AM showing with his friends in Florida so I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it more the second time around. Before the movie he was trying to tell me a serious story about it and kept saying "Voldemore ..this" and "Voldemore ..that". Clearly I did not marry a Harry Potter fan.. it's Voldemort! haha .. cracked me up.. maybe you just had to be there.

When we left the theatre I was on cloud nine. We were walking to the car when we heard some nearby music. We decided to check it out and found this cute band. Unfortunately, my phone doesn't capture how amazing and beautiful the surroundings were, but there were twinkle lights everywhere. I kept telling Jake how magical it was. Seriously so amazing, but you'll just have to imagine it or go to the Riverwoods in Provo at night while a band is singing "Kiss me" and maybe, maybe you will feel the magic too.




1 comment: