Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's day

I felt a little silly celebrating mother's day this year, since I don't do any mothering  yet. Nevertheless, Jake spoiled me and made it a perfect day. He brought me blueberry pancakes in bed. It's always been a tradition in my family to do breakfast in bed on special holidays and Jake's been a good sport about continuing that for me.  He made the yummiest blueberry pancakes, I couldn't stop thinking about them the rest of the day {.. I think about food wayy too much these days.!}

When he asked me what I wanted for mother's day I said a nice card, but I would also love a cupcake. He delivered, of course. 

He also tracked down something I showed him on pinterest for like 10 seconds and bought it for me. Apparently he went searching in my browser history for it. I was pretty darn surprised. He's the best!
We spent the day at church, skyping with Jake's brother Jarett who's serving a mission in Mexico, and cuddling on the couch watching the Survivor season finale. It was a good day.

Since we are on the topic of motherhood... According to my cell phone app, I am now in the third trimester and the baby is the size of a head of cauliflower.. eek! While I am SO excited and grateful to be having this little baby join our life soon, I get a little stressed when I look in the mirror and see a fat lady looking back. {Maybe this has something to do with me thinking about food all day? ..lol}. So it's possible that I've been avoiding the camera lately.. if you're wondering ;) 


1 comment: