Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happenings in the kitchen

Sometimes I hate cooking, and sometimes I think it's pretty fun. I think it all depends on how it turns out. I've had a few disasters in the kitchen {ie. saltiest hashbrowns ever and spicy chicken mush} so I'm always happy when something turns out ok. Last time I went home my mom and I put together a little recipe binder with some of my favorite recipes.The other day I pulled it out and made a little something I had been craving for a while, pear extrodinare... sounds fancy, ya?... It's impossible to mess up, and so good.




This recipe comes from a bed and breakfast in Washington. These warm pears are a great fall breakfast, but we ate them for an afternoon snack and that was perfect too. Try these, you won't be disapointed!

Pears Extrodinare:
  • 1/3 c cream cheese, softened
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 fresh pears, peeled
  • 2 tablespoons water
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, honey, and vanilla extract; set aside. Peel and cut pears in half length wise, and remove core. Place cut side down in a microwave-safe baking dish. Add the water. Poach in a microwave at full power until pears are soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon one-fourth of cream cheese mixture into each pear half. Serve immediately. 

Also, this is pretty unrealated but here is a picture of my lovely sister next to our hawain haystack dinner {recipe also from the recipe binder} to celebrate her birthday. Jake and I also had Thanksgiving dinner round one last night, more on that later..

No comments:

Post a Comment