Friday, May 13, 2011

Adorable Mozambican kids.

I have been in "Moz-am-bee-key" (as the natives would pronounce it) for about a week, and I love it. The people and the culture have taught me so much and I just can't get over how adorable all the kids are here!

In the capitol city of Maputo, where we have spent most of our time, there seems to be a lot of babies. Their moms tie fabric around themselves and the babies sit in there like a sling, they look so happy and content. It's about to be winter time here, and the temperature is around 75-85 degrees. But for
babies that must be cold because they are all bundled up with little winter hats and blankets, just cute as can be.


I've also noticed the kids are SO creative with making their own entertainment. We're talking homemade kites, toys out of pop cans, and homemade soccer balls. Kids in America need to learn their skills! We went to a place called Magoanine, which is outside of the Maputo. The kids there don't see
white people very often (or so it seems), and especially not blond girls. It was so entertaining for me to watch them see me and stop dead in their tracks and stare. Then I would smile and wave and they would give me a big smile and wave back. This one kid saw us and started yelling "white people, white people" at the top of his lungs (in changana but it was translated for me). So funny, and so much fun!

this little girl is dancing








1 comment: