Friday, May 20, 2011

And We're Back!

Well, we are finally back in the US after our amazing adventure in Africa. I had such a wonderful time there and met some incredible people. It's hard to describe how much being there has changed my perspective on the world and on my own life. It really gave me perspective and helped me realize what's important in life and what isnt. Jake and I are working on setting up a shelter for women who suffer from domestic violence in Mozambique, and I can't wait to help some amazing women.

Before we left two of Jake's friends (Denis & Vivaldo) came over for a pancake breakfast.

I sent Jake to get some fruit to eat with our breakfast. Turns out fruit stands weren't open yet, but he did pick up some coke for us to drink with our pancakes. LOL.
We got to hang out in the air france lounge for a few hours in Johansberg. So much yummy food and drinks!
eating pastries and watching tv while waiting for our flight

Getting some yummy guava juice
I don't think I've ever been excited for a plane flight, but our first class flight from South Africa to Atlanta was exciting! I watched 3 great movies and ate amazing food and tried to pretend that I was as classy as the rest of the passengers, although I think the picture taking proved I am not!

The seats layed all the way flat, but I was loving the movies too much too sleep much lol
We are now spending a few weeks in Georgia! First stop--Rita's Gilati. It's one of Jake's favorite places to visit when he comes home. Its a mix of frozen custard and fruit icey stuff. Ok bad description, but it's delish!

I was sad to leave, but it's sure great to be back!

2 comments:

  1. I was in Philadelphia today and found a Rita's!! I made everyone stop and get some haha. I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recall us having a camera when I took you two to ritas the day you arrived from Africa... I believe you have already visited ritas more than once already? Understandably! Enjoy and see you soon...real soon

    ReplyDelete