Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lifesaver.

What I didn't mention in my holiday posts is that over the break I caught some nasty flu bug. So I started the new semester feeling pretty under the weather. I hate being that girl in class who blows her nose every 5 minutes and coughs germs all everyone. I was sick for a several weeks and it started getting so bad I couldn't sleep at night and had a hard time breathing. Come to find out I had pneumonia, ugh not fun. A task as simple as taking a bath would tire me out for hours. Luckily, with some anti-biotic I started feeling much better.

On Tuesday I was at home working on some homework when.. SURPRISE, my Mom is at the door. Her flight to Canada to visit my grandparents got cancelled, so she came to Utah instead. Needless to say she was a life saver! She cleaned every surface of our dirty apartment, did our huge pile of dirty laundry, ran errands for me, took me to class, and fed us everyday. I'm so grateful to have such an amazing Mom, who still takes care of me when I'm sick.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Caylie... I am so grateful to her too. Those are the moments mom's love to take to show how very mcuh they love you. I guess she can thank Jeff and I for "that" opportunity... :) Sorry about that sweetie... glad to hear you are feeling better. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Caylie. It was fun to help out with the little I could. The look on your face when I showed up was priceless! I'll take advantage of these opportunites while the flight is just 2 hours : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy, don't feel bad.. nothing you can do about being sick! Sounds like you will have lots of moments to show Jake how much you love him in Feburary! lol We are so grateful to have awesome parents who take good care of us!

    ReplyDelete