Saturday, December 1, 2012

Bringing Home baby

We were SO happy to get out of the hospital! Both Weston and I had to get our vitals checked every few hours and that equals a lot of being woken up! We brought him home to our little one bedroom apartment that was mostly packed up for our move across the country. In those first days home there was lots of diapers, lots of loving on our new baby, and not a lot of sleep. We eventually figured out that many babies are born with their days and nights confused. Once we got that straightened out we  realized we would survive.. before that we  weren't so sure. I got sick a few days after we brought him home and just getting out of bed was exhausting. I was sure grateful for the help of my loving husband and family.

Jake really surprised me with his natural talent for taking care of a baby. I thought I was going to be the one teaching him but it turns out he was a natural born swaddling--diaper changing--baby burping extraordinaire. My Mom also kept me sane by coming over every morning in the wee hours to take over baby duty. Oh how we missed our morning baby sitter when  she left!




1 comment:

  1. Great photos Jake! I especially love the one with the cute new mom and Weston in a half yawn. Keep em coming. : )

    ReplyDelete