Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fresh Food & Some Plans

If you saw our cave post, you know we had a gift card to use. Well it didn’t take us long..


We headed to La Jolla Groves, a new restaurant nearby. It uses local, organic ingredients & everything was just delicious. I think I’ve found a new Provo favorite!

Whenever we go somewhere with the camera, we like testing it out and taking pictures, that being said, we both hate being the model (if you can't tell from our faces lol).

So cute, the inside of the restaurant looks like a lemon grove


We managed to take a picture of our appetizer, but when the meals came out, we just dug right in! On Saturday night we picked up some delicious desserts (orange crème brulee, lemon roll, and lemon cake) from La Jolla Groves and had a “Lie to me” marathon from Netflix. Relaxing nights like that is one of the reasons I love being married.



In other news… we have some seriously EXCITING summer plans. I will have a giant carbon foot print from all the traveling, but it will be worth it. I can’t say exactly where we are going, because part of our plans involve a surprise visit to somewhere special, but I’ll fill you in later. Seattle (for my family), Virginia (to see B&K, lily, and the new baby), Atlanta (to see J’s fam).. and that’s just the start---I. CANNOT. WAIT.



Also, I’ve told you about my chocolate problem (it makes me seriously grumpy and my poor husband begs me not to eat it). Part of the plan this summer includes some time away from Jake :(. I will miss him dearly, but I am going on a serious chocolate binge while he is gone! I’m already planning it out. First on my list, chocolate molten cake with hazelnut whip cream-- from roosters. Oh ya.


via.


4 comments:

  1. I love Lie to Me! I had week long marathons of it with my family this past summer haha. Also, that desert looks delicious. You, me, and jordan should go and grab some...Jake doesn't have to know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. i love that you're making chocolate plans. we always have chocolate desserts on the night before B is going to be in the field for a few days.. i don't care if he's grumpy at marines, and we both get to enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.-- we're excited to see you in April!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! That looks like the dessert I had... you'll love it! Can't wait to see you in Hotlanta... and now maybe the Jersey Shore, too... had you heard??? Love ya!

    ReplyDelete