Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Love is in the air.

Something exciting happened last Saturday.


It all started with some news that Jordan (Jake’s sister) was getting proposed to on Saturday. Her best friend Tessa, Jake, and I went on a little adventure to scope out an outdoor location for her boyfriend to pop the question. We drove around to some parks and some other iffy places. I was getting really nervous about finding the perfect location because it was a yucky day and everything was looking---blah. That is until we saw a beautiful gazebo on a hill. We knew it would be a perfect spot, but it was in the backyard of a gated mansion. Jake, who never ceases to surprise me with his bravery said he would go to the house and ask if we could use it. Lucky for us—they said yes.

Later that night a group of us showed up to this amazing mansion with a beautiful view. We decorated the gazebo with rose petals and candles and made it look pretty. While we were waiting, the friendly man who let us use his gazebo came out to talk to us. He offered to give us a tour of his amazing house. Immediately after walking into the house, we saw a wall of magazine covers all with his face on the front. I freaked out. We soon realized that this nice man was Steven R. Covey—author of 7 highly effective habits series, Franklin Covey, and lots of other business things ?.. Anyways he gave us a tour (including pictures of him and many famous people) and shared tons of cool stories. All that excitement was all most too much for me to handle.



Then Brady and Jordan came and had the most adorable engagement with a beautiful view (although I think they were a little too overwhelmed to notice the view lol). We are seriously so so so excited for them! I just need to keep reminding myself that Jordan is getting married, not me, therefore I do not have a legitimate excuse to lose sleep over excitement & waste all my time looking at wedding blogs.

2 comments:

  1. Caylie, I can't believe you met Steven Covey! Hope you are doing well, miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete