Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Getting caught up... Part 1

I feel like I have a lot of blogging to catch up on and I don’t really know where to start! So instead of doing a bunch of separate posts I’m just going to sum up as much as I can, quickly. Unfortunately, I have really FAILED at taking pictures lately, so forgive me please.

Jake’s parents came into town a week or so ago. As always they treated us to lots of yummy food and we had fun spending time with them! I didn’t cook one thing for an entire week and LOVED it. lol There was lots of wedding plans happening, which I also love.

Jarett & Jordan {Jake’s siblings} both went to the temple for the first time together. That was the first time I ever went to the Draper, UT temple and WOW was it gorgeous!! It was so nice being there with family and feeling the peace that surrounds you there.

I was a cry baby for a week {or more..} before Jake left for AFRICA. Seriously, I cried every day just in anticipation of him leaving. So embarrassing. And the airport scene/ drive home/ days following… I can’t even go there! Lol I’m pretty sure I convinced myself he would die there and never come home, and that is the excuse I’m giving myself for being such a wreck. As of now, I’m doing much better and loving the inventor of Skype.

Moving on from my emotional craziness--- JAKE IS IN MOZAMBIQUE {and has been for over a week}!! He has been talking about going back to where he served a 2 year mission since I met him. So you can imagine his excitement when his parents so kindly got him {and me!!} flights to visit! Jake wanted to surprise his friends in Mozambique and I wasn’t too excited about announcing my alone-ness to the entire world over the internet, thus the delay in the news.

We are hoping to set up a non-profit organization there to help women who suffer from domestic violence and who have nowhere to go. Right now Jake is filming a little documentary that we will use for fundraising to get this project started. It will be a lifelong adventure that I am super excited about. My husband inspires me.

2 comments: